Client Engagement Process
Note : I urge you to fully read this discussion of our client engagement process. It may be the most important information on our website. It will take you a few minutes, but until you understand the process we use to add value to our clients financial lives you can’t properly assess whether our firm might be a good fit for you and your family. Thank you. – Thomas M. Hamilton, President, Hamilton Wealth Management
Many financial advisors offer asset management or investment recommendations. Some focus on financial planning. At Hamilton Wealth Management, we focus the entire process on you, the client. At HWM, we offer comprehensive wealth management on a custom basis, designing the entire process around you and what’s important to you financially. We focus on the same thing you do – results!
Most individuals or couples with significant means have at one time or another “done” a financial plan with their advisor(s). What we have found is, unfortunately very often the planning ends right there. We consider our plans to be just the starting point – what really matters is implementation of the plan!
Our typical client engagement process is as follows :
1. Initial meeting where we both are exploring if Hamilton Wealth Management can add important value to your financial situation, either through the planning/implementation process and/or through investment management. This is a no-charge, exploratory meeting to learn more about you, your current situation and your goals for the future. It also gives you a chance to learn more about HWM. We typically meet in our office but can sometimes do this in a more casual setting.
2. HWM will create a proposal for you to consider, outlining our proposed services to meet your specific needs. We do this on a custom basis after considering your goals and needs. There is no charge for this proposal, as we have not yet agreed on which of your needs are most important to have us address.
3. During our review of the proposal with you, we will be specific as to where we feel we can add value and what areas we would work with you on in implementing the agreed upon plan. It’s up to you to decide what’s important to you, and then we work on getting it done. We do not hand you a document and say “there’s your plan”! We work with you toward a goal of getting your financial life to where you want it.
4. Fees are openly discussed with you, including our best analysis of your current fees, as well as how we charge. We also consider what assets we can best manage and the process of doing so.
5. We meet with clients on a regular basis and also keep them updated by phone, email, newsletter and local workshops. Our goal is to continue to find areas we can add value to your lives through re-evaluating and implementing your financial plan with the changes all of us have both financially and personally.
We do not believe there is a beginning and end to wealth management. It is an ongoing process in which Hamilton Wealth Management acts as your personal CFO in all matters that affect your financial lives.